Find Me a Wine

Clear

We Also Sell

GUISEPPE CAMPAGNOLA AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA CLASSICO

Back to previous page
GUISEPPE CAMPAGNOLA AMARONE DELLA VALPOLICELLA CLASSICOCork

A heavyweight wine showing exceptional presence. This is an absolute delight to drink with real 'wow' factor.

Veneto, Italy
2012
15% ABV.
65% Corvina Veronese/Corvinone Veronese, 35% Rondinella
75cl

£30.95

Price includes VAT

Tasting notes:

The Guiseppe Campagnola is a deep garnet colour with a heady nose of cherry, blackcurrant, slight strawberry, bitter almond, pepper and vanilla.

The palate is very impressive, showing great depth and perfect structure. There is more cherry, dark ripe fruits and lingering richness. There is a touch of acidity too, balancing the richness, giving a velvety smooth long lasting and very satisfying wine. 

About the wine:

After careful hand harvesting the Amarone grapes are traditionaly dried for 90 to 100 days from the end of september. This causes the grapes to lose 35% to 40% of their weight, concentrating the grapejuice remaining. 

After this drying period, the grapes are gently pressed around December or January. The resultant must then ferments and macerates on the skins for 30 days.

The wine then spends a considerable amount of time ageing. 60% of the wine is aged for 24 months in large oak barrels. The remaining 40% of the wine spends 18 months in new French oak barriques then a further 6 months ageing in bottle. 

The final wines are blended and bottled before release. 

About the producer:

The Guiseppe Campagnola winery has a history dating back over a hundred years of producing some of the finest wines in the region. Throughout that time, the winery has perfected it's winemaking techniques and identity to bring the best wines possible to the market.  

Not Sure? - Give us a call 01242 870 078

Back to previous page